Launching an ERP Solution and a Web Application on Cloud with
A start-up client wanted to deploy an ERP and a Web Application to AWS Cloud. Hosting an application on AWS comes with lot of perks and benefits. Some are as under:
- High level of Scalability
- Better and easy Secure posturing
- Operational Efficiency
- Cost effectiveness
- Comparatively better Performance
- AWS EC2
- AWS S3
- Site-to-Site VPN Gateway
- AWS CloudWatch
- AWS CloudTrail
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Window Server 2016
Assessment, Analysis and Design:
- Application was not hosted anywhere. We analysed and assessed the system requirements, application capabilities, dependencies and the applications ability to leverage AWS services.
- We designed the architecture based on our assessment
- We validated the functionality of the architecture by discussing with the application team and deploying the application on a UAT environment.
- We deployed the production environment seamlessly.
- We started by deploying the VPC and configuring the Subnets, Security Groups and Route Table appropriately
- We then deployed the instances; 1 Microsoft SQL Server for the ERP Database, 1 Windows Server 2016 for Active Directory, 2 Microsoft Servers 2016 for the ERP and Web Application respectively.
- After that, the application vendor deployed the application on the launched instances, tested it.
- We also configured S3 for database backup and snapshots.
- Next, we configure CloudWatch and CloudTrail appropriately.
- Finally, we launched AWS Site-to-Site VPN Service to securely access the infrastructure from the client on-premises infrastructure.