NCR is the world’s enterprise technology leader for restaurants, retailers and banking sector and it is world #1 POS software provider for retail and hospitality, and multi-vendor ATM software.
About The Customer
Headquartered in midtown Atlanta, Ga., NCR has over 34,000 employees in 160 countries and solutions distributed in 141 countries.
NCR invented the electronic cash register, the magnetic credit card strip and self-check-out machines. Now it is the #1 global POS software provider for retail and hospitality, and the #1 provider of multi-vendor.
NCR provided a POS system to 50+ gas stations across ASEAN. A front end is used as a billing engine through the POS and BOS systems. This application generates invoices for purchases and stores it locally at the site. NCR was looking for a solution that would centralize their backups of all their sites to a single location.
- AspireNXT designed a solution that leveraged Veritas BackupExec, a tool that is deployed on AWS cloud and leverages S3 for storage of the backup.
- The Veritas tool was deployed on AWS EC2 and was connected to AWS S3 for storage.
- The AWS S3 bucket was configured as an Intelligent Tiering bucket where files(invoice, bills etc) older than a certain duration of time would move to glacier for archive, giving NCR a cost effective solution for their ever increasing load.
- Files were brought from over 50 locations via AWS VPN tunnel connected to the NCR internal MPLS
Results and Benefits
- By deploying Veritas BackupExec on AWS cloud, NCR has seen a better ROI due to the cost effective nature of AWS S3.
- By leveraging AWS S3 as the storage for their backups, NCR has increased the availability and Durability of their backup infrastructure coupled with AWS EC2.
- S3 Intelligent Tiering give NCR a further edge by leveraging automation in moving files that have not been accessed to Glacier for archive as per the organization’s policies.
About the Partner
AspireNXT offer end-to-end platform managed services. Our highly skilled team of AWS experts can design, build and manage new or existing cloud infrastructure and deliver it on time and on budget.
With remote support and centralized management, we can keep the product up and running 24×7, at a minimum deployment cost.
We are committed to delivering you a DevOps that is agile, available, efficient and at the same time saving you on cost.
Our consultants work closely with customer stakeholders to help them leverage cloud automation and ensure we meet your expectations and project goals.
Our experience and expertise, our ability to enable Big Data cloud analytics frameworks, AWS cloud analytics.
We enable frameworks that generate real-time business insights using descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics. Migrate on-premises data to the cloud and enable seamless orchestration with on-premises and cloud applications. Also, help identify the best use cases and rapidly build PoCs to make a case for enterprise-wide adoption.
We help develop new reports and dashboards to ensure high user adoption rates. We provide adequate end-user training, ensuring that the cloud infrastructure and analytics applications are available and running at peak performance daily.