As a world leader in electronic measurement, the customer wanted to optimize their customer turnaround by managing the supply chain with a real-time collaboration platform. The application deployed manages the available stock that can be allocated for delivery and shipping based on various priorities. The Delivery Management system controls various processes such as quantity allocation, status tracking of the various deliverables, Realtime arrivals etc.
About the Customer
The customer is the world’s leading electronic measurement company, transforming today’s measurement experience through innovations in wireless, modular, and software solutions. With its roots based in Hewlett-Packard and Agilent, the customer delivers solutions in wireless communications, aerospace and defense and semiconductor markets with world-class platforms, software and consistent measurement science.
One of the departments of the Customer wanted to evaluate the benefits of a cloud solution on AWS. They had to prove success before other workloads could move. This meant that they would have to start small and keep building on the solution in small increments. They decided to build in Agile methodology and deploy features faster to production so that they get continuous feedback on the functionality. This requires a robust CI/CD Pipeline to help them deploy features incrementally.
Being an existing user of the platform, the customer was confident in the capabilities of Amazon Web Services. AWS provided the services for Developer tools with CICD to deploy the application in line with the vision laid out by the customer. A serverless approach was chosen to deploy the application.
To facilitate the continuous build and deployment environment in AWS, the customer chose to work with AspireNXT, an IT services provider that is part of the AWS Partner Network (APN).
- CICD Pipeline solution developed using AWS Developer tools
- Micro service based serverless application built
- Amazon CodeGuru for automated code review and application performance profiling
- Database and repository backup configured with AWS S3
- Container based applications running in AWS ECS Fargate service
- Credentials are secured using Secrets Manager service
- Linear deployment is configured with ECS Blue/green deployment for the application
- WAF is deployed to protect the application from external attacks (DDOS, SQL injection, Cross site-scripting rules etc.)
Results and Benefits
- Build/deployment rollback plan enabled for build or deployment failures
- Email notifications to the team who made build success and failed using AWS SNS
- Automate the Software Release Process
- Improve developer productivity
- Improve code quality
- Deliver updates faster
- No maintenance needed
- Continuous build process without any human interventions